I wear glasses/contacts. Can I get lash extensions? Lash extensions are perfectly safe for people who wear glasses or contact lenses. Please make sure that contacts are removed when you come in for your appointment!
What are the eyelash extensions made of? Eyelash extensions used at Lash Lab are made of synthetic silk. They are crimp-resistant and flexible.
Can I wear mascara with my eyelash extensions? Eyelash extensions will make your lashes look dark and full, making mascara unnecessary.
How long will my eyelash extensions last? Our lash stylists recommend fills every 2-3 weeks, Depending on how quickly your eyelashes grow.
What kind of adhesive do you use? Our adhesive is a professional ISO medical approved and USP Class VI approved.
Does the adhesive have possible side effects? Yes. Some people might develop an allergic reaction to the adhesive. If an allergic reaction is developed, it will get worse with each application. Lash Lab stylists recommend that extensions be removed and no longer used in these cases. If an allergic reaction is suspected (swelling, redness, or puffiness) contact your technician. In severe cases seek medical advice. Eyelash adhesives contain 2-ethoxyethyl 2-cyanoacrylate.
Prior to your appointment
Please make sure you do not wear mascara/eyeliner prior to arriving for your appointment. If you use coconut oil, or any other type of oil on your face, make sure you do not use it, 24 hours prior to your appointment. Please make sure you fill out the eyelash extension consent form pripr to arriving for your appointment. The form can be found here.
- No use of waterproof mascara - if you use mascara it must be water soluble.
- No use of oil based products around the eye area.
- No water or oil to come in contact with the eye area within 24 hours of the eyelash extensions procedure.
- No sauna or hot tub for 48 hours after the eyelash extension procedure.
- No use of eyelash curlers.
- No tinting or perming of the natural lashes while wearing eyelash extensions
- No continuous tugging, rubbing, or pulling on the eyelash extensions.
- Use caution when blow-drying hair (extensive heat on lashes could distort the shape of the extensions).
- Where possible use Coating sealant two times per week to extend the life of your lashes.
- It is normal to experience the loss of a few lashes during the first 24 hours after the application.
- Be gentle with the lash extensions, avoid tugging and getting them caught on clothes and towels.
- Never pull off the eyelash extensions as this will pull out your natural eyelashes.
- Gently comb through the eyelashes every morning to maintain a good appearance.
- Schedule your appointment within 2-3 weeks of your initial eyelash extension procedure for a fill.
Cancellation / no show policy
If you cannot make your appointment, we ask that you cancel at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. If you cancel within 24 hours, you will be charged 50% of your service price. If you do not show up for your appointment, you will be charged 50% of your service price. We understand that emergencies happen, and things come up. However, exceptions to our policies cannot be made.